5 March 2024

Oops, I did it again!

    I had another dentist appointment today so I went into town. I had planned on getting a coffee afterward at The Cornish Bakery and nipping through to Hobbycraft to price up the basic tools and materials to set up a business making things. I did all of that and far too much more that I am now feeling sick and, if I am to be completely open (which is the point of this blog), I feel angry that I spent on unnecessary things. I am happy with what I purchased but I still didn't need any of it.

    I got a new nail polish (Essie 77 chinchilly), eyeliner (NYX vivid rich in truffle diamond), and a loose powder (Rimmel match perfection in 001 transparent). I was looking for a powder but the other two things were not on the list but it was 3 for 2. Yes, they got me. Superdrug got me!

    I also got an Airwick Essential Mist in the fragrance Pumpkin Spice. How could I not? I love pumpkin taste, smell, and aesthetics. I tasted Starbucks Pumpkin Spiced Latte for the first time in October last year on its 20th anniversary. I am a fan. I am now one of those (you know what I mean).

    To be fair to myself I had been angry since 4am when I discovered one of my housemates (I know who) left their washing in the washing machine and when I opened the door it stunk to high heaven of something along the lines of engine oil. Once my clothes were washed they had a faint whiff. I can fix that but I shouldn't have to. Then I had to remove his stuff from the dryer too. This is not a one-off, this is quite regular. This is on top of the garage being full of his stuff and him leaving his crap wherever he feels like it. I sent the letting agent an email this morning. She said she'll send a general message to the house and she is going to keep an eye on the situation. I have tried to sort this myself but I am ignored so...!

But going back to the overspending I need to sit with why I have these times. I have got so much better but every now and again I have a massive slip-up. I say massive but it's not as bad as I make it sound, but it definitely is something I need to control. If it is not on my list or in my budget then I have no business buying it. I have my priority which is getting the debt sorted alongside modest savings.

We live and learn from our mishaps so this is just to reinforce my discipline. My level is quite low right now but I can and will build on it. That is my promise to myself and to you. Little by little I am getting better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I do not care about your opinion!

      I had an old friend over last night and I was determined to not fall back into the people pleaser I used to be. Actually, that came up...