12 March 2024

Consistency and discipline are great habits, if you have them!

     Consistency has never been my strong point. Discipline either. That is why I have got nowhere in my life and I am not living the life of my dreams. This is what I am working on, these basic yet vital characteristics.

    On the 14th of February (Ash Wednesday, and Valentine's Day) I gave up chocolate of all kinds, not even the sprinkles on a cappuccino, and all fizzy drinks for lent. It's now day 28 and I haven't caved. The only mishap was tasting a Bakewell blondie that someone made at work and I tasted the tiniest amount. I had completely forgotten that a blondie was the white chocolate equivalent of a brownie, but that is all and I am not that bothered by white chocolate anyway since Cadbury stopped making Dream bars.

    My plan is to try a Mars bar when it's over and really concentrate on whether I truly love it or if it is just a habit. I suspect it is just a habit. I will allow myself good quality dark chocolate as I do like it and it has a lot of health benefits. I will also have the odd hot chocolate, I miss those at work.

    The fizzy drink is a tough one. The main problem is the energy drinks. They taste so damn gooooood! This I will have to play by ear and really keep it to one day of the week or something like that.

    My next "go without" challenge will be coffee. Not because of the coffee but because of the habit of adding two sugars to coffee and tea. This was set in place from childhood because my parents did. The plan is to not have tea or coffee (tea is not a problem, I rarely drink it as it is) for about six weeks and then try again but without sugar. I know I can have flat whites in certain coffee shops without sugar so I am going to buy what they use and see if I can make this normal. I need to cut down on the amount of added sugar I have been consuming.

    I have also downloaded the Couch to 5K running app and joined the Facebook group. I was doing really well a few years ago on my own but being part of a community is definitely a great feeling.

    I also make a promise to you all to be consistent with this blog. I started it because I love writing and need an outlet but it is not ok to be inconsistent. I need to work out a schedule as I am also working on another business. I am not in love with working for somebody else, I want all the benefit of my hard work and at the moment I am only getting a fraction of it in the form of wages. Time for money. Hardly a great plan for a great life!!

See you next time xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I do not care about your opinion!

      I had an old friend over last night and I was determined to not fall back into the people pleaser I used to be. Actually, that came up...